Spring and Fall Clean-ups
Seasonal clean-ups are an essential component of your landscape maintenance plan. Sunrise Landscape and Design can help with this time-consuming but very important task. Spring is a time for renewal and the perfect time for preparing your landscape for the warm summer months. Garden beds need to be cleared of any remaining vegetation debris, bulbs transplanted and grasses and perennials cut back. Fall is the time to ready your landscape for the dormant season and prepare for the upcoming year. Leaves need to be cleaned up, plants cutback, and bulbs planted. Sunrise Landscape and Design has a dedicated team of professionals ready to tackle these tasks that will keep your landscape beautiful year round.
With the arrival of spring, your landscape is ready to burst with vibrant colors and strong growth. Spring clean-up ensures that your landscape will grow to its potential beauty throughout the spring and summer seasons. Mulching and edging are important in preparing for the growing season. Not only are they aesthetically pleasing, they also are key in sustaining a well maintained and beautiful landscape. Some of the key benefits of mulching include:
- Increases moisture retention
- Serves as a barrier against weeds
- Reduces soil erosion
- Keeps roots insulated during extreme temperatures
- Adds a professional look to your landscape beds
Sunrise will tailor spring clean-up tasks for your budget and landscape. We offer a full range of clean-up services including mulching, edging, garden clean-up and planting. Our team of horticultural consultants and certified arborists are ready with the knowledge and skills to prepare your landscape for the spring and summer, allowing you to enjoy the maximum growth and beauty of your landscape.
For more information on spring landscaping, including ways to prepare your lawn for spring, read our spring cleanup tips.
Fall ushers in the cool weather months with shorter days and cooler temperatures. When the season changes from hot and humid to mild and cool it an important time to begin preparing your landscape for the dormant months ahead. Your fall clean-up task should include:
- Leaf Clean-up – While jumping into piles of fall leaves can be a fun, it is important to remove those leaves from your lawn. Leaves, especially wet leaves can suffocate your lawn and damage its growth potential in the spring.
- Core Aeration and Overseeding – Core aeration and overseeding will prepare your lawn for a fresh start in the spring by allowing nutrients, water, and air to penetrate the grass roots.
- Fertilize your Lawn– Fertilizing in the fall helps preserve the roots of your lawn allowing them to replenish nutrients that were deleted over the summer.
- Fertilize your Trees and Shrubs – Just like your lawn needs fertilization, so too do your trees and shrubs. Make sure all your plant beds and flower gardens have the appropriate nutrients to sustain them over the winter months.
- Pruning – Trim back trees and bushes, being sure to remove dead or overgrown growth.
- Planting – Fall is the perfect time to plant spring bulbs such as daffodils and tulips, as well as divide existing plants. You’ll enjoy them in the spring!
For tips on rejuvenating your Northern Virginia lawn, check out our fall lawn renovation checklist.
Sunrise Landscape and Design has a team of horticultural consultants and certified arborists with the knowledge and skills to prepare your landscape for the coming winter months so that it will blossom and grow in the spring. Contact us and let us do the work for you – we love keeping your landscape looking beautiful year round!
In addition to Spring and Fall Clean-ups, Sunrise also offers a variety of landscape and design services including:
Landscape Design and Build
- Hardscape and Structures
- Landscape and Gardens
- Water Features and Water Feature Maintenance
- Landscape Lighting
- Holiday Lighting
- Lawn Care
- Lawn Aeration and Overseeding
- Garden Maintenance and Visits
- Ornamental Tree and Shrub Care
- Tree Trimming and Shrub Pruning
- Irrigation Systems and Services
- Drainage and Erosion Control
- Deer Control
Contact Sunrise today for all your Landscape Design and Landscape Management needs!