Northern Virginia Fall Landscaping Services
Fall is the crucial season to prepare your landscape for winter and the following spring. See below for our most popular fall landscaping services. Let us help you take a few steps now to ensure that your lawn is healthy, beautiful, and ready to enjoy come spring. For fall landscaping tips, check out our blog post.
We offer a complete fall clean-up package to give your landscape exactly what it needs in preparation for the winter so that it can grow and blossom in the spring.
- Leaf Clean-up – Our team will collect and remove leaves from your property in our specialized leaf disposal trucks.
- Core Aeration and Overseeding – This service prepares your lawn for spring growth by allowing air, water, and nutrients to reach the grass roots.
- Fertilize your Lawn– Fall fertilization replenishs nutrients lost in the summer and preserves the roots of your lawn through the winter.
- Fertilize your Trees and Shrubs – Just like lawn fertilization, plant fertilization gives plant beds and gardens nutrients to sustain them throughout the winter.
- Pruning – We will trim back bushes and trees, removing dead and overgrown growth.
- Planting – Fall is the perfect time to plant spring bulbs like daffodils and tulips and divide existing plants to enjoy in the spring!
Fire Pits and Fireplaces
Nothing warms up a crisp fall evening like a crackling fire. Spruce up an outdoor patio or add a fire pit to enjoy those cool fall nights even longer.
Patios and Hardscapes
A beautiful patio or hadscape installation can greatly enhance any outdoor space. Sunrise works with all materials including stone, brick, Techo Bloc and flagstone to construct patios, driveways, and walkways that integrate into your landscape.
Fall is the perfect time to plant. The weather is cooler and rain gives new plants, especially new trees and shrubs, time to become established before winter. Plant now to enjoy beautiful plants next spring.
Removing fallen leaves in the fall is crucial to lawn health. Leaves, especially wet leaves, suffocate your lawn and can prevent it from growing well in the spring. Our team will collect and remove leaves from your property with our specialized leaf removal trucks, keeping your lawn clean and ready for winter.
Core Aeration and Overseeding
Core aeration is the removal of small soil plugs from your lawn to improve the health of the root system. This removal allows more nutrients and water to reach the roots of your lawn. For even more benefits of lawn aeration, visit our Core Aeration and Overseeding page.
Overseeding is the practices of spreading grass seed onto turf areas. When done once a year in the fall, overseeding allows you to introduce different varieties of seed to keep your lawn greener and fuller in the coming year.
Tree Trimming and Shrub Pruning
Trimming and pruning in the fall keeps your trees and shrubs healthy and strong through the winter. Dead branch removal also prevents possible damage caused by falling branches weighed down with snow or ice.
For more information on our tree trimming and pruning services visit our Tree Trimming page.