Lawn Aeration and Overseeding
Great looking, healthy yards are created by providing the best growing conditions and proper maintenance. Core Aeration and Overseeding are key components to any Northern Virginia lawn maintenance plan. Core aeration is best done in the fall. It optimizes root development, reduces thatch and other associated problems. Overseeding, is also done in the fall when conditions are ideal for seed germination. Overseeding also makes your lawn look greener and thicker for the coming winter months. Sunrise Landscape and Design can help maintain the health and beauty of your lawn – contact us today to discuss your lawn maintenance plan!
Core Aeration is simply the removal of small soil plugs, or cores, out of your lawn to improve the overall health of your lawn and root system. The removal of these cores opens the soil, allowing more nutrients and water to reach the grass roots. Some of the many benefits of core aeration include:
- Relieves soil compaction, (compacted soil can inhibit the growth of grass).
- Enhances thatch breakdown.
- Allows air, water and nutrients to get down into the soil and into the roots of the turf.
- Allows for good soil-to-seed contact for improved seed germination.
- Helps with increased circulation, disease resistance, insects and drought.Overseeding
Overseeding is the action of spreading grass seed onto existing turf areas. Seeding annually in the fall allows you to introduce different varieties of seed that are more disease resistant, more drought tolerant or just better aesthetically in your lawn. A good blend allows the different types of seed to take over if another variety is struggling. Overseeding is an easy way to keep your lawn looking healthier, greener and thicker for the remaining year and the next.
For more information checkout our blog on Core Aeration and Overseeding.
When it comes to lawn care Sunrise Landscape and Design has over 30 years of experience keeping Northern Virginia lawns healthy and beautiful all year round. Contact us today to discuss your lawn care. We will work with you to develop a lawn maintenance program to keep your lawn healthy and beautiful.
In addition to lawn aeration and overseeding, Sunrise also offers a variety of landscape and design services including:
Landscape Design and Build
- Hardscape and Structures
- Landscape and Gardens
- Water Features and Water Feature Maintenance
- Landscape Lighting
- Holiday Lighting
- Lawn Care
- Garden Maintenance and Visits
- Spring and Fall Clean-ups
- Ornamental Tree and Shrub Care
- Tree Trimming and Shrub Pruning
- Irrigation Systems and Services
- Drainage and Erosion Control
- Deer Control
Contact Sunrise today for all your Landscape Design and Landscape Management needs!