Summer is here and living part of your life outdoors is easy and expected. But have you thought about the fact that it can be JUST as welcoming in the Fall? If you have visions of you and your family and friends gathered around the fire pit roasting marshmallows in October, NOW is the time to plan and make it happen. Creating beautiful, yet functional outdoor living spaces is an outdoor living trend that can add value to your home and endless options to your evenings through all seasons. Sunrise Landscape and Design has over 30 years of experience in landscape design, build and maintenance. We work with you through the whole process – from inception to implementation. Before you start – here are some things to consider to make your dream a reality!
- Purpose – Your yard should be a go-to destination Spring, Summer AND Fall so start by considering how you really use your yard. Keeping in mind how you really use your space, if you love to entertain, a fire pit may be a better choice than a fireplace because more people can sit around it. If entertaining on a much smaller scale is your go-to, a fireplace provides that cozy feel that encourages hours of lingering. Making space for an outdoor kitchen, whether it’s as simple as building in a small grill to installing countertops, a fully functional sink, a wet bar, and even a pizza oven.
- Size – The size of the structure should be in direct proportion to the size of your yard. Your outdoor patio or deck can be a big investment, so you want to make sure you have the right size parameters in mind before you begin planning.
- Design – Your hardscape and landscape choices should match the design of your home. Look at your space objectively, what would you do to make your space better when the seasons change? Keeping the style of your home in mind will make it possible to better select materials that will work for the environment and blend seamlessly with your home.
- Plants – While you should always let yourself be inspired by a vacation spot you love and by pictures you’ve seen in magazines, it’s important to choose things that work. You don’t want to fight with your plants all Fall, attempting to make things grow that will just not; nothing will disillusion you faster to outdoor living. Choosing plants that will thrive and materials that will resist the elements is key to maximizing your investment.
- Lighting – Outdoor lighting not only highlights architectural and landscape features, it can also extend your living space long after the Sun has set, providing additional hours of outdoor enjoyment.
The prospect of crisp Fall air has never seemed so appealing, right? Give us a call, let’s sit down together and talk year-round outdoor living and let us help you make your dreams for s’mores by the fireplace a reality.
Sunrise Landscape and Design is Northern Virginia’s premier landscaping company offering a full range of landscaping services. Our landscape and design services include hardscapes, water features, irrigation and landscape lighting. Our property maintenance services will keep your landscape vibrant and healthy year round with mulching, edging, garden cleanups, lawn mowing, tree pruning and mosquito/deer control. Contact us today for all your landscape and lawn care needs!