Signing a lawn maintenance contract is an investment in your home. Not all contracts are created equal, so it’s important to read the fine print.
Sunrise offers customized lawn care contracts for our customers. We understand that every customer has different needs and different goals, and we appreciate that. We offer basic lawn care, core aeration and overseeding, spring and fall clean-up, garden maintenance, tree trimming and shrub pruning, ornamental tree and shrub care, and water feature maintenance contracts.
We’ve come up with 5 questions you need to ask before signing a lawn maintenance contract. If your answers to these questions are positive, then you will know that you are making a good investment.
- Who has the final say on what goes into your contract? Sunrise tailors each contract to the specific needs of our client. A lawn care company should not be forcing a certain type of contract on you. Make sure that YOU have the final say on what your contract includes – and doesn’t.
- Does the company specialize in what you need? If you are looking to maintain your garden year-round, you need a lawn maintenance company who knows about pruning times and disease treatment. If you want a water feature, work with a company who installs and maintains them regularly. If the landscaper doesn’t have experience in the services you need, find one that does.
- How’s their equipment? A quick and easy way to see how a landscaping company values its business is to simply look at its equipment. If it’s old, dirty, or falling apart, then they probably don’t take much pride in what they do. If it’s clean, well-maintained, and relatively new, you will know that they are treating their business professionally.
- What is the company’s reputation? Check Yelp, Angie’s List, Google, The Better Business Bureau, and other review sites to see what the company’s clients are saying about them. Word travels fast when there are unhappy customers, so a little bit of research will go a long way.
- Is the company properly licensed and insured? If you are allowing a lawn maintenance company onto your property, make sure they are carrying all the proper licensing and insurance that they need. Ask to see copies. You don’t want a lawn-mowing accident to turn into a claim on your homeowner’s insurance!
It’s easy to get overwhelmed with all the options that some lawn care companies promote. Take a step back, though, and really evaluate your needs before you even contact a maintenance company. Have a good idea of what you want, ask the 5 questions above, and then you will be able to make an informed decision about your contract.
The right lawn maintenance contract can increase your home’s value, so choose wisely.
Sunrise Landscape and Design is Northern Virginia’s premier landscaping company offering a full range of landscaping services. Our landscape and design services include hardscapes, water features, irrigation and landscape lighting. Our property maintenance services will keep your landscape vibrant and healthy year round with mulching, edging, garden cleanups, lawn mowing, tree pruning and mosquito/deer control. Contact us today for all your landscape and lawn care needs!